Thursday, June 3, 2010

We'll Miss You!


You hate to get attached to a car but in my family, you drive one for it's life and I did just that.  I received this car, lovingly known as Bridget, as a gift for my college graduation.  I was completely surprised by my parents when I received her.  I had no idea they were even considering a car purchase for me (I was driving that car without reverse but I got around just fine :))  I've often thought my 20s brought the most change I have ever and will ever have in one decade and Bridget was there for it all.  We graduated college, moved into my first "adult" apartment (she was so stuffed you couldn't see out of the windows), drove to my first real job, got married, bought my first house, purchased our first dog and brought home our first child.  She served us well and I was so sad when she finally gave up- in a fog of smoke :(
I wore my sunglasses as I cleaned her out at the shop, the 11 years of memories in the glove box and under the seat I found were too much to not at least shed a few tears.  The mechanic came over to help me with the license plate and gave me a nod and tipped his hat.  He understood- she was a great part of life :)

No comments: