Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Young Love

IMG 1547

Somewhere along the way Grace decided she had "fallen in love" with a boy named Braden from church.  And she doesn't say "in love" she literally says she has "fallen in love with him."  (too many Disney movies....)

She of course invited him to her birthday party and asked me every day if he had rsvp'd yet.  Luckily he could come or I do believe the poor girl would have moved her birthday party.

IMG 2474

I will be forever grateful to this sweet 5 year old boy who graciously seemed to understand his importance and ran to sit next to her and stood by her side the entire party- Grace was just beaming the entire time.

010 1

After the party Grace was asking everyone if they saw the "boy she fell in love with."  She then elaborated by saying she "knows he loves her too."  When pressed she replied saying "Well, when I saw him, I kept my arms down to see what he would do.  He raised his arms and hugged me first.  I know he loves me because he hugged me first."  Oh Grace- I don't know if I should be pleased with your analytical skills or a little worried for a many, many years you have ahead of trying to make sense out of silly boys movements...  But it is so sweet :)

As a follow up Grace told me she asked him a few days later if he fell in love with her.  He said no :(  But- not to be deterred, Grace apparently gave him all the evidence she had to the contrary.  She came to me confused about this conversation and we had our first, of many I'm sure, talks about how boys are a little slow and don't always knows what they want... :)

No comments: