Monday, March 22, 2010

The Jump

We knew Kate was going to be our "wild one" and we haven't been disappointed in that prediction :)  While Kate took her morning nap, Grace and I sat in the family room working on her "lessons" and playing games.  Those of you that have been to our house know the family room and Kate's room share a wall.  I remind you of that because when I say there was no sound from Kate's room for about an hour, there wasn't, we would have heard it, it was just us talking, no tv or outside noise.  But we did hear a knock after about an hour... We looked at each other and then got up to see what it was.  I slowly opened Kate's door and looked to her crib but I didn't see her.  My heart stopped for a brief second until I felt a push on my legs and Kate brushing past me.  Kate, who should have been in her crib, brushed right past me like she does this every day and went into the family room and started playing.  Grace was the first to speak "Mommy, how in the world did she get out of her crib?"  I still don't know the answer to that.  She didn't fall, she would have cried.  She somehow silently climbed out of the crib.  And then knocked on the door to get out.....

1 comment:

Janie Mauter said...

Oh my gosh - how horrifying! My mom said that I learned to climb out of my crib when I was 9 months! I can't imagine.