Monday, January 12, 2009

Naptime

This week I decided to start adding a little structure to Kate's day. Instead of her random catnaps throughout the day wherever she is, I started putting her in her bed for naptime a few times a day. I realized quickly she's a little social butterfly. She doesn't really like to be in the bedroom and has tricked me a few times and got out of her nap. She cries like something is really wrong so I pick her up and bring her into the family room where she instantly falls asleep. She just wanted to be part of the action. After a few days I've gotten wiser and she is learning to sleep better in the bed ;o)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Good luck with the naps. At 8 months, Andrew still gets one solid nap a day. It's a lucky day if we get two. He's been harder to sleep train for naps than Austin was. But, at least he sleeps all night and is a later riser than Austin is.

I love Kate's hands clasped together like that. So cute!

Anonymous said...

My niece did the same thing when she was a baby; couldn't stand to be away from the action. We found out we could trick her by playing talk radio in her bedroom. She might grow up to be ultra-conservative, but at least she took naps.