Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cats....


Well... I wouldn't really consider myself a "cat person" actually, I don't particularly like them. No offense to my feline friends but I just don't understand them. I've always had a dog who wants companionship, love and fun. Cats just don't seem to be like this... That being said, somehow we now own two cats....Mitch and Monster. We have had raccoon and squirrel problems every year since we moved into this house. Every year a raccoon eats a hole in our roof and make our attic its home. We always catch it after months of trying, Jack has a scary trip for an hour into the woods with the trapped raccoon hissing at him in the back seat to release it and then we patch the hole. A couple of weeks later we start the process again with a new critter.
This year we'd had enough, we've spent too much time and money on this situation so we started to do some research about new ways to get rid of these critters. We learned from several sources that cats will prevent other animals from taking claim on your land and home. So, literally I was desperate and gave in to this idea. Our friends Kevin and Lee had some spare outside cats so Monster and Mitch became ours. Elliot hates them, Grace likes to look for them and the verdict is still out on what the raccoons think...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I saw this cat the other day and then saw it playing in the trees between our house. Is the other one black with a white belly? This solves the cat mystery. It also explains why several times in the last week when I have let Sage out she takes off. The other night when Murray was gone she took off and it kind of freaked me out bc I conjured up some story in my mind that someone was out there and she was running from them which of course Sage would bark. But, I am glad to know what has built up some get up and go in Sage.