Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fly Fishing



I had a conference last week at a resort in North Georgia. They pride themselves in their outdoors sports, especially their golf and fly fishing, so Jack reluctantly tagged along. We had a few hours one of the afternoon to do a "networking" activity. I was eliminated from all the activities- horseback riding, skeet shooting, etc- because of my pregnancy except fly fishing. Jack has been numerous times and I think was a little excited at the prospect of me falling in love with one of his hobbies. I wouldn't say I feel in love- it really wasn't the fishing- it was the over 90 degree heat and 100% humidity with no shade that cut my career short. I did take the lessons and fished for a few minutes so hopefully one day in the future I will be able to use my new skills to catch some dinner.

No comments: