Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Day

We all had a great Father's Day. It started out with me waking up Grace early so we could make her Daddy breakfast in bed. She proudly helped make him (as she still likes to tell us) "eggs, gapes, toast, gape jelly and coffee to drink!" If I hadn't been so worried she was going to wake up Jack with about her loud voice giving me a play by play of the breakfast, I would have taken pictures- oh well. She was very cute and helpful. She was very excited to bring the breakfast and presents in to Daddy and wake him up.



Grace made two presents- a koozie at Mother's Day out with her handprint and a tile/coaster she painted with her handprint at storytime. And we bought him some shoes. The shoes weren't much of a surprise. Grace and I went to the store on Wednesday to buy shoes for Father's Day. I didn't think much about it again until we were out on Saturday and someone asked Grace what she got her Dad for Father's Day and she said "Shoes!"


After our breakfast we quickly got ready and drove to see Grace's Pop. She had a good time playing with him and spending time in the pool. She also had a good time playing with her aunts.

We came back home after lunch and enjoyed the rest of the day together. Jack and I (and the new baby) were able to have a nice, relaxing steak dinner after Grace went to bed. It was a great day!

No comments: