Saturday, June 27, 2009

Father's Day

Jack and I had a conversation in the kitchen a few weeks before Father's Day. Grace was playing in the other room- or so we thought. He was telling me that he wasn't going to be around on Father's Day, that he was going to be at camp. Not a big deal- we just decided to celebrate it the day before.
A few days later Grace and I were in Target and I told her we needed to get something for her daddy for Father's Day. She said "No, I heard that we not going to see Daddy on Father's Day. We not need to get him anything if we not see him." And then she refused to consider any gifts I suggested. Apparently she was eavesdropping...
We did end up celebrating the day before and luckily Grace had made her gift at MDO before the ban on gifts. Happy Father's Day to a great dad!

No comments: