Thursday, March 27, 2008

If Only This Lasts....

Jack and I have been scared to post this because we don't want to jinx ourselves...
Let me just tell you what happened yesterday. We were all playing outside and it was time to come in to make dinner. Grace was less than thrilled to come inside. She actually went completely limp and started to cry. I brought her inside and she layed on the floor in the front hall screaming to go back outside. I asked her if she needed to go in her room and she stopped crying, stood up and said "yeh..." and went into her room. She went in and sat on the floor and asked me to close the door. After about five minutes, I heard her calling for me so I opened the door and she said "I feel better" and walked right past me to play in the family room.

This "self punishment" has been going on for weeks. One day a few weeks ago she was upset so I made her sit in her room. Ever since then, whenever she gets upset, we ask her if she needs to go in her room and she goes for between 5-10 minutes and always comes out in a much better mood. It's crazy but we'll take it....

No comments: