Saturday, April 26, 2008

Altar Call

I made a brief presentation at church tonight at the end of Mass. What made it really interesting was the fact that I had my little sidekick with me. We made it through Mass with only a few interruptions. Grace kept saying hi to baby Jesus (see previous post as to why Jesus is a baby), usually when the congregation was silent.

When I was ready to head to the pulpit, I asked her if she wanted to go see baby Jesus with me. She said yes and then grabbed her stuffed elephant ("Big Al") and a pen because she wanted to show them both to Jesus. Before I stepped up on the altar, she started yelling "no" and wriggled out of my arms. I had no choice but to leave her.

I started my presentation and Grace started calling me from below. I glanced down and saw her waving her arms at me and yelling "hey Dadda ... Dadda!" I of course did not answer, so she got a little angry and yelled "DADDA!" She then gave up and started dancing around with Big Al. Fortunately, everyone told me the presentation went well and only the folks in the front rows saw the real "show."

1 comment:

Amy M. said...

That totally makes me think of the prayer in the movie Talladega Nights - "Dear 8 pound 6 ounce Baby Jesus...."
:)