Saturday, April 26, 2008

Time with Daddy

Michelle is out of town, so Grace and I are spending some time together. Grace surprised me twice today:

1. I found out that she has a sense of humor. We were reviewing some animal sounds. I would ask her what a kitty says and of course she would say "meow." We covered about ten different animals and she nailed every one of them. On a whim, I asked her, "what does Gracie say." Much to my surprise she smiled and said "I want, I want, I want." Again, she was right!

2. Grace now likes to tell Elliot what she did when she goes somewhere. We went to church tonight and when we were coming home we talked about how Grace saw baby Jesus (in Grace's mind Jesus is always baby Jesus. It's what she even calls the adult images of Jesus). She told me that she wanted to tell Ellie. Sure enough, she marched into the study, stood in front of his little house (i.e., cage) and said, "Ellie, I saw baby Jesus ... I saw him." She then turned around and walked out!

No comments: