Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Cakes...







Last year for Grace's birthday cake, I thought it would be really special if we made the cake. Sarah and I worked all night last year to make the Elmo cake.


This year I picked Dora and a Backpack cake. We thought Elmo was hard last year..... Sarah and I started it and by the end it was an entire family affair. It took 6 adults, 1 trip to the store in the middle and 3 hours to complete. We all had our specialities- Sarah, Laura and I did most of the decorating but we called in Jeff with his strong muscles when the icing was difficult to squeeze, Jack when we needed free-handed drawing and Craig, well, I guess he did a good job stirring the frosting and making us laugh.


It was all worth it because all Grace talked about was her Dora cake and asked us all day if it was "Dora cake time yet?"

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

The cake looks great! You guys have so much more patience than me; I gave up on homemade birthday cakes after Zep's first year!

Kim said...

i am super impressed!!!!