Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympics

We (well, let me just clarify that from the beginning- "we" is Grace and me- I can't believe I married someone that doesn't like the Olympics, one of my all-time favorite things) anyway- we have been watching the Olympics like everyone else. Grace goes to bed pretty early in the broadcast so she doesn't get to watch much, but lately diving has been coming on for her to see. She is fascinated by it and claps for every dive. The funniest thing is that she gets very excited and repeats over and over "Mommy- they put their face in the water- yea!" and claps even harder.

2 comments:

Jack Carney said...

For the record, I do watch the basketball and some sporting events. The fact that NBC would rather cover the personal stories over the actual events is a little frustrating. The fact that Michael Phelps got a C in third grade math, but is still able to swim, is really of no concern to me. Rather than the Olympics, I think we should all just call the event the Oprah Winfrey show. ;)

Matt and Emily said...

I love the Olympics too. It's really given me something to watch (besides the baby) the last week and a half. I know I'll be in withdrawal when it's all over. I only hate that the gymnastics has been wrapping up so late. I can't stay up to see it all.