Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Early Religion

Grace has always been fascinated with Jesus- Baby Jesus actually. She loves to go to church and see the crucifix and wave to Jesus.
She learned our family prayers about a year ago and takes great pride in saying them (except when we have company, then she is shy). Jack and I were only in a habit of saying prayers outloud for dinner but Grace won't eat unless we pray before every meal. Her goodness really reminds us to be thankful.
The other day we were in the car and I was scanning radio stations. She heard about 3 seconds of a gospel song and said "Oh! It's the Lord!" I wasn't really listening to the music and didn't know what she was talking about- I was a little worried she was having visions ;o). I asked her and she said "The Lord Mommy! He's on the radio- that Lord music!" This really makes me laugh because neither Jack nor I use the word "Lord"- I'm not sure where she picked it up and she says it very dramatically- "The Lllorrrd"
Jack and Grace had the first of many, I'm sure, discussions where Grace thought her Daddy didn't know anything. Jack was attempting to answer some of Grace's questions about who God was. He told her that God was Jesus' dad. Well- you know where that went- "Joseph is Jesus' Dad!" Then he tried the "He's our Father" and it just went downhill from there.
It's a great adventure as we struggle to teach Grace our faith but exciting because she is so eager to learn.

1 comment:

Jack Carney said...

I am going to cover the trinity and transubstantiation next week.