Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grace- 3 years old!

Grace- I cannot believe you are three years old! It seems like just yesterday when your daddy and I were waiting for your arrival. But at the same time, I can't remember a time without you. And I don't know what we did for entertainment before you ;o)- you keep us laughing all the time! This was a big year for you- potty trained, twin size bed, big sister and many other things. I remember thinking when you turned 2 that you were such a big girl. This year has had even more advancements. I know I'm your mother but your intelligence continues to amaze me. You know what you are supposed to know- your letters, your numbers, your colors, you can spell your name, you know your address, understand simple math, recognize about 10 words by sight, etc. But it's your analyzing and conclusions that are amazing. Your memory is incredible- you never forget anything, especially people's names and how they are related to others. I have had to ask you more than once someone's name and you always know. You are really good to take to the store- you have never forgotten an item on our verbal list. You love to go to your "school" two days a week and learn new things. Dance class is another one of your favorites. You have developed a little better with your physical abilities. Your jumps at least leave the ground...You don't run very fast but that's fine with me. You love to play with your friends and most of the time are pretty good with sharing. Your favorites are Tinkerbell and the fairies and the Disney Princesses. You dress up like one of them at least 3 times a day. Books are probably your favorite "toy" but dolls and play food are close behind. You are still an excellent sleeper- usually a 3 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and 12 hours at night- please don't stop this. You are a rule follower and a people pleaser and usually a good listener. You are shy when meeting new people and in new places but after a while, you will warm up. And you are a great big sister. Grace- I am so proud of the way you have handled the addition of Kate. You have definitely become her second mother and are constantly attending to her. She started crying the other day and I walked into the room to see you rubbing her head very gently and leaning down whispering "Shhh, Kate, don't worry, big sister is here, I'm here for you, don't cry."
Happy Birthday Grace! I love you!

No comments: