Thursday, July 16, 2009

Carnival

One of the nice things about the Bar conference was it stated it was family friendly and it actually was. The first night of the conference they had a family carnival- complete with games and ummm... tattoos.

In the afternoon our friend Melissa came over from Mobile to spend a couple of days with us. We were glad to see her but never anticipated the response she received from Grace. I guess since they both have red hair Grace decided they were soul sisters. Melissa, who Grace has seen a dozen times and treated no differently than anyone else before, quickly became obsessed with Melissa and wanted to be with her all the time and do everything with her. Melissa handled it well and Grace had the best time with her new BFF.

The Carnival was fun- Grace played lots of games, getting prizes and yes, when I turned my head for a minute, got a tattoo. We all know how I feel about that so we'll just leave it at that...

The only traumatic part of the evening was when the Geico lizard came within view. Grace was horrified at the sight. Between Melissa, Jack and I we did our best to shield Grace but it was a little rough in a two room function.

At the end of the evening there was a nice firework show. It was pretty good- apparently Kate was appalled about something....

It was a fun night.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think my favorite part was when Grace decided that the next day she would get another tattoo. I guess it's true, you never stop with one...