Saturday, July 11, 2009

Food for Kate

I thought about making Grace's baby food but I really thought it was going to be too hard, we didn't have the right equipment and I didn't have time since I was trying to work part-time. I read that my friend Heather was making baby food for her triplets and I know her billable rate is higher than mine so I thought if she can- so can I!
We've made shopping for the fruits and vegetables a family affair. We have been checking out different farmer's markets and having lots of fun. Grace loves to pick things out for Kate to eat.Usually about once a week I peel, cut, blend and mash different foods for Kate and then freeze them in ice cube trays.My neighbor Kim let me borrow her food processor and it worked well for chicken. The blender is great for everything else but the processor was a must for the meat. Kate's had a few jar baby foods when I can't get certain fruits or if we have been out of town without refrigeration. She eats whatever quickly but I like to think she likes my food the best ;o)

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

Good for you!!! I'm going to attempt this for the third one.

Janie Mauter said...

Oh my goodness - you're brave!!