Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Tell Santa I've Been Bad and Don't Come

Christmas Eve night started out well... We loaded up the car with the kids and went out in search of Christmas light displays. We all had a good time and Grace thought the lights were "so pretty."

As we were driving home, I told Grace that Santa had a map on the computer that shows where he is. I thought she would like this since she loves maps so much (she sleeps with the map from the zoo). She acted interested but when we got home and I started to load it, panic started to set in. And then it got bad... She was literally hysterical at the thought of Santa coming. She wouldn't go in the kitchen or living room because she thought Santa was either looking at her or coming in the door. Jack told her he came in the chimney, not doors and she panicked and was screaming wanting to know where the chimney was. And then Elliot barked...that pushed her over the edge thinking Santa was here. She cried and begged to go to bed for the rest of night- we told her Santa could not go in her room so she thought that was the safest place. We finally gave up and let her go to bed without finishing her dinner so she could escape Santa..
Kate thought her big sister's reaction was a little silly....

3 comments:

Janie Mauter said...

I was terrified of Santa too. I wouldn't go downstairs on Christmas morning until my parents went down there to tell me that Santa was gone and the coast was clear. We don't have a picture of me on Santa's lap, and I turned out just fine (I think).

Amy M. said...

Kate smiling at the whole time is the funniest part!

Heather said...

This is absolutely hilarious. I keep coming back and reading this post because it's so funny. I just read it aloud to Gary and he laughed as hard as I have been. I hate that we're doing this at Grace's expense, but I can't help it. I can't even imagine how ours are going to react to Santa. . . .