Monday, August 3, 2009

School Supply Drive

Our church collected school supplies for some local kids in need. I brought Grace with me to help sort the supplies to get them ready for distribution.

As we do with all our volunteer opportunities with Grace, I explained to her what we were doing on our drive there and why it was important. She stopped me midway through my explanation with "Mommy- why the kids just not ask their teacher if they need crayons or paper? I just ask my teacher and she gives it to me." Which is true...Her innocence is so sweet.
Grace was a great helper- she really liked sorting the supplies. She got a little bored half way through but some cookies helped push her to the end ;o)
One of her favorite babysitters, Kaci, was helping also so Grace liked being able to see her.

Oh- I don't know what the deal is with the hat. It was her favorite accessory today.

No comments: